Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Animals Planet

I like to watch documentary film, especially animals documentary. One day, as usual we watch it together; its about "snake", mostly talk about how snake "swallow" others animals. Ddy & Mmy keep explained the "snake eating process" to me to make it "clear". The "clear" explanation & pictures make me can't forget it!

I "scare" of snake started from that day, especially at night! Nightmare bothering me for last 2 nights, I keep shouting : " I scare the snake bit-bit me! The snake hiding under my bed!" So Mmy have to "hug" & comfort me all over the night to make me sleep.... (actually we didn't sleep well)

Yesterday Mmy ask me where got snake? and I told her that the snake will come in to the house at night and hiding under my bed, it want to bit me! So Mmy explain to me that the snake can't come in the Ryan's house cause Ddy will lock every windows & doors. And she turned my mattress and show me that there was no snake under my bed.(Mmy: I really hope it will help!) I know she was trying to comfort me, and maybe it's work, I sleep well last night!

Mmy & Ddy very regret :
Actually we didn't realise that will hurt (mentally) him so much, we just try to let him to know more about animals' way of life since he likes to watch it, we're too careless! But now we won't let him see this kind of documentary (animals eating) show again. We felt sorry that make him so scare of snake. We really hope he will forget it when time pass by.

5 comments:

Wai Kai Wen said...

Probably SanGu & SanGu Zhang's description was too exaggerated, which scared Ryan Boy.

Perhaps you should take Ryan Boy to see some cute snakes displayed in the pet shops, let him know that not all snake is 'scary'.

Ya, it is really not an easy job to educate kids, sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't.

Lesson learnt : as parents we should select (TV) program rightly which is suitable to our child.

Thank you for sharing this topic. Believe me Ryan Boy would forget this eventually...

Ryan Chan Ting En (陈廷恩) said...

Thanks for your advise, I think let him see some cute snakes might help.

Mmy : Next time really have to be more sensitive to all program that Ryan watch.

荦怡 said...

没想到一个节目会在小小心灵留下那么深的阴影!!
谢啦小妹!我也上了宝贵的一课。

放心,我相信有你和劲琨的爱心,Ryan很快会淡忘的。

荦怡 said...

哎呀!妈咪每次都乱用我的名誉!
下回要收版权费!

Mescrap said...

Yah, you are right ! We should select the suitable program for them to watch.
Thanks for sharing.